Monday, March 11, 2013

"You Braid, You Weave - Woven French Braid Ponytail"

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

MONDAY....start of another school week!

Since it's the last Monday of school week for the month of March, my daughter wanted to do a hairstyle we saw from http://www.princesshairstyles.com/ , it's called the "woven french braid ponytail". Here's how it looks like:


back view


back, side view

So, i watched the video tutorial Sunday and studied it and i even practiced doing it at first using my daughter's BRATZ head doll mannequin. Look:

watching Kori's video tutorial, see on my computer monitor??

the "BRATZ" head doll i practiced on!!

So, to be able to do this hairstyle, we have to wake up early Monday morning. There are like 4 components to do this hairstyle. There's knotting, braiding, weaving, and a ponytail. And it's best to do this with a damp hair. 

So this is how it looked like, our finished product:

this is the back view
to make it more pretty we added a cute flower clip

here is the view from the left side 

another view, from the right side

It was almost perfect!! I hoped Kori likes it. :)

So off to school she went, my daughter. And come afternoon, when she came home she told me she got some nice comments from her classmates too.

On my FB, i posted this pic too. And i got a lot of likes and nice comments. Whew!! Guess i did a pretty good job "re-creating" a hairstyle from Kori's blog The Story of A Princess & Her Hair. I really love all their hairstyles there. And i really was inspired to start doing beautiful hairstyles for my daughter when i saw her blog. So guys check it out too!! Be inspired too!!

Anyway, for you guys to be able to do this, here is the video tutorial:

The Woven French Braid Ponytail Video Tutorial


Hope you like it guys!!!
Thanks!

Lots Of Love, 

I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Top Mommy Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment